Be-Mobile is a European market leader in smart mobility solutions, with headquarters in Ghent. We are developing and selling technological solutions for electronic toll collection, multi-modal route planning and electronic fare collection. We also offer advanced solutions to measure and manage the traffic flows to put travelers, cities, road authorities, parking operators and logistic companies in control over their mobility processes.
To strengthen our team, Be-Mobile is looking for a eager backend developer who is interested in working in a cutting-edge, socially engaged environment.
As a passionate developer, your responsibilities include the development of multiple micro- service backend components for the new Connected Car platform. You will get to work with the latest technologies, modern environments, streamlined development phases and most importantly: fun colleagues. Day to day you can help us build our connected car platform, where we will value your input and research. For sure you will learn a lot of new things and grow on different levels.
You will develop independently or sometimes in (agile) teams. So you are open to ideas of others and help proactively with finding the best solution.
As programming language we are heavily invested in Go: web services, daemons/services and console applications. You will work with other interesting technologies, such as Docker, protobuf/flatbuffers, mongodb, Cassandra, … but don’t let new things scare you off.
If you have a learning attitude, you are very welcome here.
- You are eager to develop in Go (see golang). A modern language for pragmatic developers.
- Some experience any of the common languages is very welcome: .NET, Java, Python, C++
- You are creative and innovative and are capable to bring something to good results all by yourself
- Willingness to share your knowledge and experience with others, as well as be open to new ideas yourself.
- You have a positive attitude and appreciate a good, fun working environment
- You can first make it work, then make it better
- You have a bachelor or master degree
- Knowledge of Dutch and English.
If you recognize yourself in these requirements, we are happy to hear from you!
You will work in a young, dynamic and enthusiastic team, where you will be part of our ambitious expansion plans.
As we want to keep our team healthy and promote team work, we organize the following activities:
- Weekly group fitness at the office (not to worry, it’s optional)
- A foosball table
- Team events
We provide an interesting total remuneration package, which we will explain during the selection process.