The turnkey Be-Mobile mobility management tool offers an accurate cloud based traffic center for dynamic routing advices based on the Be-Mobile versatile and in-depth mobility data. FLOWcontrol can be set up in a matter of hours to trigger traffic optimization scenarios by informing travelers through:
- Informing on road events: road works, large public events, speed advice, tail of traffic jam, travel time, …
- Informing on alternative routes or mode of transport and incentives
- Informing on parkings: parking timer, payment tracking, on-street and off-street parking availability, guidance, time-to-travel, … Eg. Shop&Go is a FLOWcontrol option based on sensors to allow a maximum parking timing to ease the short-term parking in city centers.
FLOWcontrol allows traffic communication on respectively fixed and mobile infrastructures to influence the traveler with:
- On street with Variable Messages Sign (VMS) or trailer-mounted displays
- Intelligent parking guidance system
- In-car through in the car app store or infrastructure to vehicle (I2V)
- Online on a website or in an app eg. Brussels Airport app
- Traffic centers.
C-ITS platform enables connected vehicles (V) to communicate with each other and the road infrastructure (I) via mobile network, optimizing road management without increasing the costs. The Dutch ministerie van Infrastructuur en Milieu trusted Be-Mobile to be part of the Partnership Talking Traffic to implement C-ITS in Nederland. A Cooperative – Intelligent Transport System allows communication with road nodes disseminating information to all other nodes in a specific geographical area:
- I2V: personalized and location based traffic control messages into the dashboard
- V2I: connected cars inform traffic lights and VMS signs
- V2V: connected cars warn each other.
There are multiple use cases such as:
- Green waves
- Emergency vehicles approaching
- Emergency electronic brake light
- Traffic jam ahead warning
- Road works warning
- In-vehicle speed limit
- Green light optimal speed advisory / time to green.